Tuesday, January 4, 2011

basketball is dangerous

NBA Injuries - CBSSports.com

It's also my favorite activity outside of debauchery and occasionally over it.

On 30 teams there are 68 injuries. About 1 in 6 players cannot play as of today.

And to think that my friends are constantly telling me that I am too old and should quit. I missed 6 months in a row last year due to tearing my hamstring muscles from my hip. Thanks for the three screws. I sat our a couple of weeks due to slight re-injuries, but otherwise am staying on the court. My ankles, knees, and shoulder are sore, but even younger players endure pain.

Moral is...if you hoop hard expect to be hurt.

Hint...play indoors on hardwood as much as possible to reduce the impact. I notice more knee pain after moving outdoors because of my migration from Chicago to Miami Beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment