Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cops suck

I just got back from Publix, a typical chain grocery store. After grabbing a frozen pie a 70 year old cop (no joke, seventy) told me I had to leave because I was not wearing a shirt. I looked to see what is uniform said "Miami Beach Police" and asked approximately whether the rule was a store policy or city ordinance. He then said, "I'm not going to tell you again, it's store policy" sounding as though he was readying to call backup. If a 40 year old, white guy, who speaks proper English can't get a simple question answered in the calm of a grocery store, how do you expect the typical young, black, visitor for Urban Weekend was treated by the cops?

If the police do not treat people with courtesy how does a city expect their property and businesses to be treated with respect? Surely, plenty of the Urban Week visitors we good for nothing miscreants, but I'm also certain that plenty of decent people out for a good time and not hassles got plenty hassled for no reason.

I'm with NWA on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment