Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Florida stone crabs are back and ready for their close-up�|�Palm Beach Entertainment: Events, movies, restaurants, nightlife & more | pbpulse.com

Florida stone crabs are back and ready for their close-up�|�Palm Beach Entertainment: Events, movies, restaurants, nightlife & more | pbpulse.com: "

What ever happened to small, medium, large? I hate marketing BS language. I still don't know the order of large, tall, vente, or whatever Starbucks calls their drink sizes. I understand that people are tricked by such ploys, but I read into it that a business is willing to take advantage of psychological tricks to pass one over on customers. Do others? Of course every time a price ends in 9 or .99 or a menu contains high priced items by a cheaper version I get suspicious. Someday, I hope to have enough money to not look at prices. Ignorance in many ways is bliss.

“This year, they’re $5 a pound cheaper than they were last year,” says Sclafani, who sells the large claws at $20.95 a pound, the jumbos at $25.95 and colossal at $31.95. “Come Thanksgiving and I’m sure we’ll see prices creep up, but right now they’re more affordable than last year.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment